dissabte, 9 de març del 2019

Treballs de recerca 2019: Study of the Universe and its laboratory


This work is about modern physics and the things that has been discovered from the beginning of the 20th century until today.

My work is distinguished in two parts. One theoretical, where I have to find all the information in websites, videos and books to explain all the discoveries and theories, and one where I explain the visit that I did to the Synchrotron Alba (a particle accelerator), where I had an interview with an engineer who works there and told me some information about some questions that I had.

In this work we have could see a little explanation about what we know about the universe. Through the history the humans have become smarter and nowadays we have a very close theory to explain the beginning of the universe, at least more than the ancient civilizations. The universe has some particles that are indivisible and they are the reason because all is formed, in fact, we all have mass thanks to the Higgs Boson. But the science has gone so far away and has proposed a new theory called “String Theory”, which tells about the possibility to have matter smaller that the fundamental particles.

Also we have discovered that there are four different forces which reign the universe.


Pau M.N., alumne de 2n de Batxillerat